News about 40 Central Reserve Police Force personnel falling martyr to a terror attack in Pulwama on Valentine’s Day would have definitely pained you. Maybe you felt helpless and wanted to help.
If so, Bharat Ke Veer website offers you an opportunity to help families of these 46 CRPF soldiers and other martyrs of India.
What is Bharat ke Veer?
Bharat Ke Veer is a website launched by the popular movie star, Akshay Kumar on January 20, 2023.
It accepts donations for families of soldiers from eight Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) that function under India’s Ministry of Home Affairs. The website is now operated by Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Assam Rifles
- Border Security Force
- Central Industrial Security Force
- Central Reserve Police Force
- Indo Tibetan Border Police
- National Disaster Response Force
- National Security Guard
- Sashashtra Seema Bal
The website lists hundreds of our martyrs that have sacrificed their lives for protecting ordinary citizens like us.
Ways to Donate – How to Donate Via Bharat Ke Veer App
Donating on Bharat ke Veer is very easy. Just follow these simple steps and you are all set. Keep your credit card, debit card or net banking details ready at hand.
- Visit Bharat ke Veer
- Click on ‘Contribute to’ link.
- Upon clicking on the ‘Contribute to’ link, you get two options: ‘Bravehearts’ and ‘Bharat ke Veer Corpus Fund.’
- ‘Bravehearts’ option allows you to select a particular martyr and donate to his family directly, through Bharat ke Veer. The amount collected is given directly to the family of your hero.
- ‘Bharat ke Veer Corpus Fund’ is a fund that aims at helping families of all Indian martyrs from the eight CAPF. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) decides on the amount of money to be given to families, depending upon their needs.
- After deciding how you want to donate, it is compulsory to register on the website.
- The registration process is very simple: key in your email ID, mobile phone and provide the Captcha code.
- You will get a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number.
- Key in the OTP and you are all set to donate.
Donating to ‘Bravehearts’
In this section, you will find name, rank and place of birth/ residence of the soldier, CAPF served and date of martyrdom.
- Upon clicking on the picture of your hero, the page will display details of his contribution to India, CAPF and date martyrdom for the nation.
- You have to select ‘I would like to contribute’ option on this page.
- Here, you are redirected to another page that carries the name, CAPF and date of martyrdom. You can fill in the amount you wish to contribute and click ‘Proceed’
- Now you will be asked to select your mode of payment.
- Bharat ke Veer offers two modes of payment- Credit/ Debit Card and Net Banking.
- Select the payment option.
- If you are paying by card, simply key in the 16-digit number and CVV. Fill in the OTP sent by the bank and the donation will be processed instantly.
- Paying by net banking is also simple. Select your bank from the drop menu, login to the net banking account and enter the OTP sent by the bank along with your transaction password.
Tax Benefits on Bharat ke Veer
Should you wish to avail tax benefits for donating to Bharat ke Veer, mention your Permanent Account Number (PAN) while submitting the amount and payment details.
All donations to Bharat ke Veer in both categories up to Rs.1.5 million are exempt from Income Tax.
When you submit the PAN, Bharat ke Veer website will generate a tax exemption certificate that can be given to the Income Tax Department while filing IT returns.
Certificate for Donors
Bharat ke Veer website provides a free donation certificate to every donor, regardless of the amount.
Once your donation is complete, a link for downloading this certificate appears.
Simply click on this link to get your certificate.
As an Indian citizen, I believe it is the duty of all responsible citizens to care for families of our martyrs.
It is worth remembering English poet John Edmond’s famous epitaph:
“When you go home, tell them of us and say: For your tomorrow, we gave our today.”
Our martyrs are examples of these words. Regardless of the amount, we encourage you to donate for our martyrs.