You will be surprised to know that by 2020 there will be more than 200 million Internet users in India. It clearly indicates that online advertising (especially mobile) is going to dominate the advertising markets in the country.
Mobile advertising is surely going to cut into the revenues of traditional marketing like Television and newspapers.
In India, realizing the potential of mobile advertising, hundreds of mobile advertising companies have sprung up. Some are very large and some very small.
If you are excited about mobile advertising then we have jot down a list of top 10 mobile advertising companies operating successfully in India.
1. Sulekha Ad Networks
- Core Business: Classified Ads, Yellow Pages and B2B
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Founded in 1998 by Mr Satya Prabhakar
- Alexa Rank: 719 in world, 66 in India
- Website: www.sulekha.com/adnetwork
Sulekha is number one mobile advertising company in India. If you know, it has over 1400 employees and it operates in 11 cities. Sulekha has also presence in USA, UK and China also.
Sulekha is best for putting classified ads like Selling & Buying properties, cars etc.
Sulekha controls more than 10% of Indian online ad market.
2. Komli Media
- Core Business: Digital Advertising- Komli Engage, Komli Mobile, Komli ROI and Komli Play
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Came into existence in the year 2006, Amar Goel is the founder & Chairman of the company
- Alexa Rank: 6885 in world, 586 in India
- Website: http://www.komli.com/in
Komli Media has developed most sophisticated technology called ATOM. ATOM provides access to over 10 Billion ad impressions per month and 90% reach out to India’s online audience.
Moreover, ATOM technology covers thousands of publishers in India. Komli helped Tata Nano to increase its sales. Recently Komli Media raised $30 million to strengthen its position in Asia.
- Core Business: Online Solutions – Branding & Performance, Mobile Advertising Solutions
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Viraj Malik and Daman Soni are the founders of Ad Chakra.
- Alexa Rank: 10, 190 in world, 716 in India
- Website: http://www.adchakra.net/
Ad Chakra is perfect for advertising on platforms like mobile, search and social media. As a customer you could also choose metrics like CPM, CPA etc
Some of the major clients of AdChakra are Canon, Acer, Airtel, Wipro, HDFC Bank, Make My Trip, FedEx, The Times of India, One India etc.
Ad Chakra got Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in 2010.
4. NetworkPlay Media Pvt Ltd
- Core Business: Branding, CPA, CPL, Audience Targeting, Social Media, Search Retargeting
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Networkplay was acquired in 2012 by Gruner and Jahr. Earlier in 2008 it was incubated by Webchutney and funded by Capital 18.
- Alexa Rank: 36, 528 in World, 2594 in India
- Website: http://networkplay.in/
NetworkPlay has an impact across 500+ publishers on the web. Some of the clients are MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Jet Airways, BookMyShow, LinkedIn etc.
It was awarded most innovative Start Up of the year in 2010.
- Core Business: Brand Advertising, Lead based Advertising
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Tyroo was incubated by Delhi based digital media company called Smile Interactive Technologies Group.
- Alexa Rank: 40, 354 in US, 4819 in India
- Website: http://www.tyroo.com/
Tyroo has a reach of over 3.5 billion ad impressions per month. It has a strong network of at least 3000 publishers like Facebook, About.com, Microsoft, Pepsi, ICICI, Yahoo etc.
Some of the major clients of Tyroo are naukri.com, monster India, TimesJobs, Shine.com, Shaadi.com, Jeevansathi.com, bharatMatrimony.com, SimplyMarry.com, Myntra.com, Expedia, Cleartrip, Google, SnapDeal, Groupon etc.
- Core Business: Mobile Ad Platform for mobile publishers and app developers. Mobile Ads Optimization, AdIQuity Plus, RTB exchange, Saas based Mobile Ad Server are some of its solutions
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Mr Anurag Dod is the founder and CEO of the company, it was founded in 2006
- Alexa Rank: 39,216 around the world, 6863 in India
- Website: http://adiquity.com/
AdIQuity has over 16 billion ad requests per month. The company has over 10,000 publishers & Developers and over 70 mobile networks as its partners.
Some of the major clients are Air Asia, Toyota, ICICI bank, Samsung, Dell, HP, Mahindra, Fastrack, Lifestyle etc
The company has offices in Bangalore, New Delhi and Singapore also.
- Core Business: An Ad Network aggregator helping in managing different ad networks and maximizing the revenue.
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Rajiv Goel and Anand Das both founded the company in Year 2006.
- Alexa Rank: 19,848 around the world, 6391 in US
- Website: http://www.pubmatic.com/
If you know PubMatic is a service offered by Komli Media.
PubMatic also received $13 million in venture round funding in 2014. Earlier also in 2012 it received funding of whopping $45 million.
8. Dgm India
- Core Business: Dgm has two main products one is dgPerform and other is dgmatrix.
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Dgm India is held by Anurag Gupta’s Inflection Digital Holdings and Smile Vun Group.
- Alexa Rank: 76,095 in world and 7381 in India
- Website: http://www.dgm-india.com/
Dgm is subsidiary of Deal Group Media and they are leaders in CPA business.
Dgm has over 300 clients and some of them are Reliance, Dell, NIIT, Disney, Citibank, Bajaj Allianz, Ford etc.
9. Ozone Media
- Core Business: Adadyn – Dynamic Creative Optimizatio, it increases CTR to 300% and Smarton – A dynamic retargeting solution.
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Kiran Gopinath is the founder and CEO of the company. He founded Ozone Media in 2006
- Alexa Rank: 47,905 in world and 11,649 in India
- Website: http://ozonemedia.com/
Ozone media uses Accipiter’s AdManager with geo-targeting features that targets different countries and audiences.
Ozone Media has a team of over 70 people and headquartered in Bangalore and an office in New Jersey also. Some of its big clients are Audi, Ford, Nokia, CitiBank, Yahoo etc
- Core Business: Running branding and Performance oriented ad campaigns.
- Year of Establishment & Founders: Xapads was founded in April 2008 by Nitin Gupta
- Alexa Rank: 82, 417 in world and 13, 118 in India
- Website: http://www.xapads.com/
Xapads is a great alternative to Google Adsense when it comes to content targeted advertisements.
Xapads has a network of 3500+ publishers with 50 million unique visitors in 170 countries.
So these were the list of top 10 mobile advertising companies in India. You should visit their website and find out more about these companies.