Table of Contents Hide
- Rice Facts of India
- List Of Top 10 Rice Brand Names In India
- 1. Nirapara Palakkadan Matta Rice (Rs.200/ 5kg)
- 2. Fortune Sona Masoori Regular Steam Rice (Rs.380/ 5kg)
- 3. Popular Bullet Wada Kolam Rice (Rs.375/ 5kg)
- 4. Omsom Ambemohor Rice (Rs.800/ 5kg)
- 5. Vedaka Ponni Rice (Rs.325/ 5kg)
- 6. White Chef Lackhari Kolam Rice (Rs.330/ 5kg)
- 7. Bansuri Lehar Chinnor Rice (Rs.450/ 5kg)
- 8. Charminar Everyday Rice (Rs.290/ 5kg)
- 9. B & B Organics Seeraga Samba Rice (Rs.775/ 5kg)
- 10. Fortune Mogra Basmati Rice (Rs.300/ 5kg)
Did you know that India ranks as the single largest exporter of rice globally? The country is also the second largest producer of rice in the world.
Indian ranks as the second biggest rice eating population on this planet. As a result, we have top brands of rice in India, each one offering a different variety of grain.
Rice Facts of India
Before I list the top 10 rice brands in India, here are some good reasons why you should try each of these.
- About 82,700 different varieties of rice are grown in India.
- Of these, nearly 5,000 varieties are grown in West Bengal state.
- States of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are major producers of the world famous Basmati rice and its cultivars.
- During crop season 2017-2018, total rice production in India stood at 112.91 metric tons.
- In the same year, 26.3 percent of all rice produced in India was exported to markets abroad.
- During fiscal 2017-2018, India’s rice exports netted US$5.5 billion.
If these facts are sufficient for you, we move on to top rice brands of India that you can easily buy online or at your neighbourhood supermarket.
List Of Top 10 Rice Brand Names In India
You will definitely enjoy your daily meals with different types of rice from some of the top brands. Below are the best rice brands in India with their price:
1. Nirapara Palakkadan Matta Rice (Rs.200/ 5kg)
Nirapara Palakkadan Matta brand of rice ranks among the topmost export products of India.
It is parboiled, red rice that is most popular in southern India, especially Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
This rice brand has a huge market abroad, especially in the six Arabian Gulf countries due to a large number of expatriates Indians residing there.
Nirapara Palakkadan Matta is known for its high nutritive value and distinct aroma that makes it a favourite with vegetarian and non-vegetarian curries and hence it is the best rice brand in India.
2. Fortune Sona Masoori Regular Steam Rice (Rs.380/ 5kg)
Fortune Sona Masoori comes from Adani Wilmar, a major Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company of India.
Just in case you are unaware, Sona Masoori, also written as Sona Masuri, is very fine quality rice that grown in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states of southern India.
It is ideal for daily use. Sona Masoori rice is easy to cook. Its versatility allows you to prepare any rice dish.
3. Popular Bullet Wada Kolam Rice (Rs.375/ 5kg)
Kolam rice is also known as Surti Kolam and yet another best rice brand in India.
This is because the best quality Kolam rice grows in the western Indian state, Gujarat.
Among the top 10 rice brands in India, Popular Bullet offers superior quality Kolam rice.
In western parts of the country, Kolam is part of the daily, staple diet among affluent households. Kolam is often used for preparing rice based sweets and porridges.
4. Omsom Ambemohor Rice (Rs.800/ 5kg)
The term ‘Ambemohor’ is derived from two words ‘Ambe’ (mango) and ‘Mohor’ (blossom). This is exactly what Ambemohor rice is all about: It has that distinct fragrance of mango blossom.
If you want to try this fantastic rice from Maharashtra, go for Omsom Ambemohor Rice.
It is one of the top rice brands of India. Ambemohor rice is used for making sweets. It is wonderful to have with spicy vegetarian curries.
5. Vedaka Ponni Rice (Rs.325/ 5kg)
Do you wish to keep blood sugar levels low and curb diabetes? Try this top rice brand in India- Vedaka Ponni Rice.
This is a brand owned by online retailer Amazon. Ponni is a hybrid of two different varieties of rice, from China and Myanmar.
Ponni rice is mainly grown in Tamil Nadu state. In fact, the hybrid was made to cater to high demand for good quality rice in Tamil Nadu in 1986.
Thanks to bumper harvests and modern farming methods, you can now enjoy Ponni rice anywhere in India.
6. White Chef Lackhari Kolam Rice (Rs.330/ 5kg)
Lachkari Kolam rice is a cultivar of Surti Kolam. And White Chef is the top rice brand in the Lachkari Kolam segment. Lachkari Kolam rice is slightly glutinous or sticky.
Hence, it is perfect for making sweet rice, coconut rice and ‘khichdi’ (a rich broth of spices, rice and pulses).
Lachkari Kolam rice is also a produce of Gujarat. However, you can relish this rice anywhere in India from White Chef brand.
7. Bansuri Lehar Chinnor Rice (Rs.450/ 5kg)
If you want to taste rather unique rice, try this best brand in India- Bansuri Lehar Chinnor Rice.
This variety of rice is indigenous to Madhya Pradesh state. In fact, Chinnor rice would have gone extinct several years ago.
However, efforts to revive its farming is paying rich dividends.
Bansuri Lehar Chinnor Rice is fragrant, fine rice. It helps highlight the flavours of rich vegetarian curries and pulao.
8. Charminar Everyday Rice (Rs.290/ 5kg)
Charminar Everyday Rice is regular, indigenous Indian rice that grows across the country. It is also one of the best brands in India since its manufacturer takes extra care to select only the best grain.
Charminar Everyday Rice does not require cleaning and is ready to cook. This rice goes well with any curry.
This brand of Rice is also widely popular among smaller restaurants and eateries due to its economical pricing.
9. B & B Organics Seeraga Samba Rice (Rs.775/ 5kg)
Another unique and best brand of rice in India is B & B Organics Seeraga Samba.
This rice is sometimes known as Jeera rice. This rice is rich in a rare nutrient, Selenium.
It gets the name ‘Samba’ from it cultivating season, which is from the months of August to January. Samba rice is a produce of Tamil Nadu. It has a very grainy flavour. Hence, it is usually fried with Jeera or other spices for better taste.
10. Fortune Mogra Basmati Rice (Rs.300/ 5kg)
Before you jump with joy at the rates, let me warn you that Mogra Basmati is completely different from traditional Basmati rice.
Though Mogra Basmati comes from the same cultivar of Basmati rice brand, it is much shorter grain and lacks that tantalizing aroma of traditional basmati.
In fact, most Indian households use Mogra Basmati rice as a cheap substitute for the traditional one.
In this category, Fortune Mogra Basmati Rice is the best brand in India. It comes with the Adani Wilmar guarantee of high quality.
As I mentioned earlier, India is home to over 87,000 different varieties of rice. Unfortunately, not all of them are available online.
Some unique but highly nutritious varieties of rice can be bought only at shops in villages or local bazaars.
However, the boom of online shopping is leading many top rice brands in India to look at these local varieties too.
Therefore, it is quite likely you will see hitherto unheard of rice varieties like Jyothi, Balam, Champa, Maurya and others enter the Indian retail market through these top brands.