If you have money then you want to save it and use it wisely. Wealth management firms can help you in managing your assets so that you get most out of it.
People with enormous wealth should always consult asset management companies to secure their financial interests. These wealth management companies could tell you about the markets and how you are going to benefit by investing in right shares.
Therefore we collected the list of top 20 wealth management companies in India.
Ranking System: We have ranked companies on the basis of their popularity and acceptance among the clients. We also look at other factors like their revenue, operations around the country and number of employees.
So here are the top 20 wealth or asset management companies in India.
1. ICICI Asset Management Company
ICICI group is the third largest fund based asset management company in India. This financial company was founded in 1954 and currently K V Kamath is the chairman of the firm.
- Market Capitalization: Total revenue of the ICICI financial services is around Rs 2000 crore to Rs 4000 crore. The profit of the company is around Rs 80 Crore to 90 Crore and growing at the rate of 25% every year.
- Business and Services: Core Banking, Financing, Asset Management.
- Employees: 8000 to 15000.
- Headquarters: The bank is based in Mumbai with offices and operations all over the country.
- Website: www.icicibank.com
2. HDFC Asset Management Company
HDFC asset management company was formed in the year 1990 HDFC has over 318 outlets including 77 offices across India and it covers over 90 locations.
- Market Capitalization: market value of the HDFC is around $3.5 billion, for asset management services profit is around Rs 400 Crore approx.
- Business and Services: Banking, Wealth Management Services, Loans, Financial Security Services.
- Employees: 1700 to 2000 for various operations.
- Headquarters: Corporate Office is in Mumbai and Deepak Parekh is the chairman.
- Website: www.hdfc.com
3. Reliance Asset Management Company
Reliance Capital was founded in year 1986 and currently Anil Ambani is the chairman.
- Market Capitalization: Total revenue is over $1 billion and average asset managed by 44 fund houses is Rs 6,60,000+ Crore
- Business and Services: Asset management, Mutual funds, Life and general insurance, Private equity and proprietary investments, Stock broking, Reliance PMS, Depository services and financial products, Consumer finance and other activities in financial services.
- Employees: 12,500+
- Headquarters: The company is based in Mumbai and Sundeep Sikka is the CEO of the firm
- Website: www.reliancecapital.co.in
4. UTI Asset Management Company
UTI asset Management Company was established in the year 2003 and incorporated on the date Nov 14 2002.
- Market Capitalization: Asset managed until this date is around Rs 74233.29 Crore
- Business and Services: Mutual Funds, Wealth Management services
- Employees: 3000 to 4000, company has a network of 149 UTI financial Centers and UTI international offices in London, Dubai and Singapore
- Headquarters: Headquarter of UTI is in Mumbai and Mr Leo Puri is CEO and Managing Director
- Website: www.utimf.com
5. Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company
The company is joint venture between Aditya Birla Group and Sun Life Financials.
- Market Capitalization: Total revenue of the firm is around Rs 1000 crore to Rs 2000 crore.
- Business and Services: capital market, corporate finance, wealth management services, commercial real estate and mortgage and structured finance.
- Employees: 10,000 to 15000 for various sectors.
- Headquarters: Corporate office is in Mumbai.
- Website: www.adityabirlafinance.com
6. Kotak Mahindra Asset Management
- Kotak Mahindra has over 7 million loyal customers. It stated its operation in the year 1998
- Market Capitalization: The Net worth of the company is over Rs 7911 Crore
- Business and Services: Asset management services and various bonds & funds
- Employees: 20,000+
- Headquarters: Headquarter is in Mumbai and the Company has over 76 branches in 79 cities
- Website: www.kotakmutual.com
7. Religare Asset Management Company
Religare Mutual fund is the sole product developed and marketed by Religare asset management company. The company was registered in National Stock Exchange in the Year 1994. The firm has over 1 million customers around the world.
- Market Capitalization: Total revenue is around Rs 120 crore and average asset is Rs 126 Billion
- Business and Services: brokerage, health & life insurance, asset management, Small and medium enterprises (SME) lending, wealth management, institutional equities and investment banking services.
- Employees: 8000 to 10000 across the country.
- Headquarters: headquarter of the company is in New Delhi with 2200 offices in 550 cities around the world.
- Website: www.religareinvesco.com
8. Reliance Mutual Fund
Reliance Mutual fund is subsidiary of Reliance group. Reliance Mutual fund has over 6 million to 7 million investors
- Market Capitalization: Total assets worth Rs 86,327 Crores
- Business and Services: Mutual Funds and Asset Management services
- Employees: 10,000 to 15,000
- Headquarters: Corporate office is in Mumbai with presence in over 179 cities
- Website: www.reliancemutual.com
9. Tata AMC
Tata Group wealth or asset management company is subsidiary of Tata Group, it was established in the year 1995. It fully enjoys the support of Tata Group. There are around 5 to 10 lakhs investors that Tata AMC caters to.
- Market Capitalization: Total Assets worth around Rs 20,000 Crore to Rs 22,000 Crore until now
- Business and Services: Fund Management, Asset Management, Mutual Funds etc
- Employees: 8000 to 10,000
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Website: www.tatamutualfund.com
10. Franklin Templeton
Company was founded in 1947 in New York and it has presence in India also.
- Market Capitalization: Revenue is $7.14 Billion
- Business and Services: Investments and Wealth Management Services
- Employees: Around 8000 to 9000 employees
- Headquarters: Headquarter is in Mumbai.
- Website: www.franklintempletonindia.com
11. L & T Finance Limited
L & T finance limited is very young financial company founded by A M Naik in the year 2006.
- Market Capitalization: The net sales of L & T Finance is around Rs 172 crore this year.
- Business and Services: debt & equity products, wealth management, loans, general insurance, financial advisory services that focus on power, roads, Telecom etc.
- Employees: 3000 to 4000 for various financial services.
- Headquarters: Corporate Office of the company is in Mumbai and A M Naik is the chairman.
- Website: www.ltfinance.com
12. BNP Paribas Asset Management Company Limited
BNP Paribas is Europe’s sixth largest asset management firm with revenue of well over 478 billion EURO in 40 different countries. It is present in India also as a mutual fund company.
- Market Capitalization: Rs 127 Crore to Rs 150 Crore
- Business and Services: Fund Type, Investment Plan and Minimum Investment
- Employees: 2000 to 3000
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Website: www.bnpparibasmf.in
13. SBI Capital Markets
The SBI Capital Markets or SBI Mutual Funds is a joint venture with French company AMUNDI.
- Market Capitalization: The total revenue of SBI Capital Markets is around Rs 3000 crore to Rs 4000 crore. Profits are around Rs 6,051 Lakh.
- Business and Services: The core service given by SBI Capital Markets is Corporate Financing, wealth management services, Mutual funds etc.
- Employees: 8000 to 9000.
- Headquarters: The Corporate office is in Mumbai and it has over 222 acceptance points in India. V G Kannan is the MD and CEO of the company.
- Website: www.sbicaps.com
14. Morgan Stanley STBF
Morgan Stanley has over 1200 offices in 36 different countries. It was founded in the year 1935
- Total Revenue: Rs 259 Crore to Rs 265 Crore
- Business and Services: Mutual Funds and Wealth Management services
- Employees: 800 t0 1000
- Headquarters: Corporate office is in Mumbai
- Website: www.msgfindia.com
15. Sundaram Asset Management Company
Sundaram Asset Management Company was founded in the year 1996.
- Total Revenue: Rs 74 Crore to Rs 80 Crore
- Business and Services: Various asset management services
- Employees: 400 to 600
- Headquarters: Chennai, 600014
- Website: www.sundarammutual.com
16. Axis Asset Management Company
Axis asset Management Company was established in the year October 2009. The company has over 32 schemes and 5 lakhs customers
- Total Revenue: Rs 634 Crore to Rs 650 Crore
- Business and Services: Mutual Funds and Asset management services
- Employees: 1200 to 1500
- Headquarters: Mumbai, 400025 with presence of 75 cities
- Website: www.axismf.com
17. Bajaj Holdings or Bajaj Capital
Bajaj Holdings is subsidiary of Bajaj Group. The Bajaj Group was established in the Year 1926 by Jamnalal Bajaj.
- Market Capitalization: The total revenue generated by Bajaj Holdings is over Rs 750 crore this year.
- Business and Services: Advisory and Financial planning services.
- Employees: 4000 to 6000
- Headquarters: Headquarter of the company is in Mumbai and their clients are spread worldwide.
- Website: www.bajajgroup.org
18. Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company
Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company was founded in year 1987 with over 7 lakhs customers
- Market Capitalization: Revenue is over Rs 2900 Crore
- Business and Services: Equity, Depository Services, Derivatives, Insurance, Commodities, Mutual Funds, Portfolio Management Services, Currencies, Private Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Loan Against Shares
- Employees: 1500 to 2000
- Headquarters: Corporate office is in Mumbai with operations in 520 cities and 1500+ locations
- Website: www.motilaloswal.com
19. Edelweiss Asset Management Limited
Edelweiss Asset Management Limited has over 450,000+ clients.
- Market Capitalization: Rs 1000 Crore
- Business and Services: Mutual Funds, Brokerage and Wealth Management
- Employees: 3900 to 4000
- Headquarters: Mumbai, 211 offices in 106 cities in India
- Website: www.edelweissfin.com
20. Muthoot Asset Management Company
The last but not the least is Muthoot Asset Management Company. Muthoot Asset Management Company has grown substantially under the leadership of M G George Muthoot. The company was founded in Kerala in 1939.
- Market Capitalization: The net sales of Muthoot Finance in 2013 is around Rs 4536 crore to Rs 5000 Crore.
- Business and Services: The core business of the company is financing and wealth management.
- Employees: 30,000 employees working for financing sector
- Headquarters: The corporate office is based in Kerala and it has overseas branches in UK, US and UAE also.
- Website: www.muthootfinance.com
So these were list of top 20 wealth management companies operating in India. For career and other information visit their website.