According to a Statista report, India accounts for approximately 13 percent of solid waste generation while its population is 18 percent globally. This is predicted to increase to 543 million tons in 2050.
The Indian waste management companies are growing steadily due to growth in population density, increased industrial activity, demand for landfills, and many other reasons.
In an era of high amounts of hazardous and non-hazardous, we need to adapt lifestyles based on three R’s: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
This article will discuss the Top 10 Indian Waste Management Companies, which have a significant presence and are working towards eco-friendly, sustainable development.
Top 10 Waste Management Companies in India
E-goods contribute 2.5 million each year to e-waste.
If we go by this rate, then by 2030, this e-waste is expected to increase upto 74.7 million tonnes, making the earth an unsuitable planet to live on.
Attero is an end-to-end E-waste Delhi-based management company.
It has 20 patents based on innovative technology, which recycles 99% high-quality metal and brings them back to the market.
Attero provides data security, take back action, recycling, upcycling, reverse logistics, and extended producer responsibility compliance services.
LG, Acer, Whirlpool, OPPO, Nexcharge, these companies are clients of Attero.
The company aims to re-invent the wasted and re-design goods for the future while minimizing carbon footprint.
Highlights of Attero:
- It is funded by the World Bank (IFC), DFJ, IUVP, and Granite Hill.
- It comes under the world’s seven renowned e-waste management companies.
- It is the only e-waste management organization that has sought approval of environmental clearance from the Ministry of Environment & Forests (MoEF).
2. Synergy Waste Management Pvt. Ltd.
Synergy is India’s leading bio-medical management company.
It was established in 2001 in Mumbai to reduce the hazardous impact and quantum damage of Bio-Medical waste on living species.
In 20 years, the company has served more than 8,000 hospitals and 10,000 healthcare institutions with formative models that are eco-friendly and economically affordable.
The company has over 150 vehicles covering over 17000 kilometers each day.
It has served over 20,000 clients, according to its website.
Key Highlights of Synergy Waste Management Pvt. Ltd.
- The company collects waste in four different colored bags. Further, each bag undergoes a different treatment.
- The hypochlorite disinfection process is used to disinfect vehicles after every unloading.
- An effluent treatment plant is used before releasing water into streams.
- It has set up eight Common Bio-medical Waste Treatment and Disposal Facilities (CBWTF) all across India.
Located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, EcoWise is a recycling, industry-specific waste management company.
The company provides residential, commercial, industrial, event, waste management services. In addition to this, it offers documentation destruction, product destruction, circular economy model, composition, and purchase of scrap services.
It collects more than 60 tonnes of waste daily. It has branches in Greater Noida, Bangalore, Mewat.
As the name suggests, EcoWise works to manage environmental solid waste as a resource and encourage sustainability, eco-friendly at minimum price.
Highlights of EcoWise:
- It has its presence all over India. i.e., It provides a PAN facility.
- It uses a three-step data authentic process to ensure transparency and proceed legally.
- The company has a GRI Based Sustainability Reporting facility. This report gives information about Greenhouse Gas emissions and the circular economy.
- You can choose a pick-up location as per your preference. To avail this service, you need to fill out the form given on the website.
4. Saahas Zero Waste
Did you know India produces 63 million tonnes of waste each year? By 2050 global waste will increase upto 3.4 billion tonnes per year if each person fails to manage generated waste sustainably.
This is when Sahaas organisation comes into the frame.
Sahass organisation provides end-to-end waste management.
The company works towards diverting waste from landfills and sending it to authorized destinations after maximum waste recovery is collected from various streams.
The company serves in areas like Cooperates/Tech parks, residences, and institutes. Also, it provides Extended producer management organized waste disposal management training.
Presently, the company has more than 100 clients across 17 states and two union territories and manages 80 tonnes of waste per day.
Highlights of Saahas Zero Waste.
- The company aims to manage over 500 tonnes of waste per day by 2026.
- It collaborates with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be a part of economic progress, women empowerment, and action against climate change.
- In 2017, it introduced the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) to manage 16 tonnes of waste per day.
NIPRA is the most prominent collector and sorter of dry waste in India.
The company has a people-centric approach and is driven by technology.
It has a solid infrastructure that offers easy, efficient, and flexible waste management solutions that connect municipalities to informal pickers, recyclers, and brand owners.
NIPRA’s expertise is in collecting, segregating, processing, and recycling waste of locales. It has material recovery facilities in Ahmedabad, Pune, Indore, and Jamnagar.
It has 1,700 waste pickers and collectors.
Highlights of NIPRA:
- The company includes investors like Avishkaar Capital, Asha Impact, and Circulate Capital.
- It has established NIPRA, a non-profit organization, in 2012.
- NIPRA supports the private job sector by charging reasonable charges on waste collected.
- Nepra Foundation is a 12A and 80 G-certified organization.
6. Greenobin Recycling Pvt. Ltd.
Greenobin Recycling Pvt. Ltd. provides a paper recycling service in India.
It collects paper scraps from schools, colleges, offices, housing societies.
It provides complete independent paper recycling and paper waste management in both commercial and industrial fields.
It provides a complete range of independent paper recycling and paper waste management in both commercial and industrial fields.
This company aims to help conserve resources, energy, and landfill space.
Highlights of Greenobin Recycling:
- Greenobin provides PET Bottle recycling.
Now, you will ask what PET Bottle recycling is. So, PET stands for polyethylene terephthalate, a form of polyester.
It is commonly used to make soft drinks containers.
Craste is a Pune-based leading crop-waste management company.
In India, 150 million CO2 is generated by crop burning each year out of 500 million tonnes of crop residue.
The company purchases the agricultural waste from the farmers at Rs 6 per Kg and uses them to make material for packing and engineered boards for furniture applications. This adds to farmer’s revenue as well.
Since these engineering boards are made from crop waste, they are chemical-free and environmentally degradable.
Highlights of Craste:
- Food packing manufacturing processes follow a process that consumes less water and generates Zero Level Discharge (ZLD).
- The company expects that “for each particle-board panel of 8ft x 4ft size and 18mm thickness produced, it reduces 30kg of CO2 emissions as it prevents burning of crop residues by purchasing it from farmers”, according to its website.
Phool. Co is the world’s first temple-waste management company.
It is a Kanpur-based company that converts waste generated in temples into biodegradable alternatives in the form of Thermocol and charcoal-free incense sticks. It uses ‘Flowercycling’ technology.
Phool. Co website states that they collect 8.4 tons of floral waste from temples each day.
The company is backed by Tata Trust Social Alpha and IIT Kanpur.
It’s a significant initiative since all products are handcrafted by women, contributing to becoming financially independent and having better lives.
Phool. Co has guarded river banks against around 7600 Kgs waste flowers and 97 Kgs toxic getting dumb, as per its website.
Highlights of Phool. co
- Eleven thousand sixty tons of flowers were recycled.
- Employed 73 women full-time.
- Eleven tonnes toxic neutralized.
- It won the United Nations Young Leaders Award in 2023.
Have you ever thought about why plastic recycling is given so much importance?
Well, the answer is simple. As we all know, plastic is not degradable.
In India, approximately 4354 tonnes of plastic are generated per year.
Mumbai-based Lucro recycles flexible plastic and converts them into quality products.
The company provides end-to-end services across categories like automotive, home, retail, and institutions.
Today, Lucro has become the dominant supplier of recycled packaging and protective covers to manufacturers locally & globally.
Highlights of Lucro:
- It has won many certifications by ISO for compostable plastic, recycled plastic, etc.
- Adidas, Amul, IKEA, and Dow are some of the clients of Lucro.
10.Sampurn(e)arth Environment Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Sampurn(e)arth Environment Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a solid waste management company.
Its waste management process involves extraction, production, consumption, and dumping or landfilling.
The company serves townships, corporate, schools, college campuses, and municipal corporations.
It has more than 100 clients, including Tata Group Companies, E&Y, Coca Cola, TetraPak, Unilever, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, State Bank of India, Mumbai Railway Vikas Corp, and Municipal Corps like Rajkot and Cuncolim (Goa).
The company aims to utilize waste into valuable-useful products.
Highlights of Sampurn(e)arth Environment Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- It provides a Waste Audit service, which means researching waste types, patterns, impacts, etc.
- It won the National Entrepreneurs Award in 2017.
More Information about Waste Management
Waste Management refers to the process and actions required to manage waste from its inception to its final disposal.
This process includes segregation, collection, transportation, recycling, and waste disposal.
In India, the waste management department is assisted by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forests, and Climate Change.
MoEFCC has set forth the rules of waste management. The Central Pollution Control Board and State Pollution Control Board overlook these rules and ensure that they are appropriately followed.
India has become the most prominent waste generator country globally. We have to be responsible and take preventive measures towards waste management before it’s too late.
These are the top 10 waste management companies in India. You can find more information about them by visiting their official website.
- Top 10 Best Home Automation Companies in India
- Top 10 Most Trusted and Efficient Warehousing Companies in India
- 10 Best Cement Companies in India
- Top 10 Water Treatment Companies in India
- Top 10 Most Trusted Steel Companies in India
- Top 10 Most Trusted and Efficient Warehousing Companies in India
- Top 10 Most Popular Mining Companies in India
- Top 10 Agriculture Companies in India. Know More About the Top Agro Companies in India.
- 10 Best Cement Companies in India
- Top 15 Major Logistics Companies in India