We all have seen cars speeding on the roads round the clock day and night. But only few of them have contemplated about the companies which are manufacturing these cars and sending them on to the roads.
Therefore, in this particular blog post we shall take look at top 10 automobiles companies of Indian origin. It is interesting to know that all the cars running on our roads are not manufactured by Indian companies.
However, they Indian cars are there in substantial numbers. As a matter of fact, most of the cars that you see on Indian roads are manufactured by Japanese companies like Toyota, Honda, Nissan and then followed by German companies like Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Volkswagen.
The good news is that a lot of Indian car companies are also present along with Japanese and German companies.
It is very important for us to know about Indian companies. If you want to buy a car or you are looking for a job in one of the company as an automobile engineer.
As Indian economy grows more and more people are likely to buy cars. Thus, Indian car makers have great opportunity to build and design cars which are suitable for Indian markets.
Ranking System: We have ranked companies of the basis of customer satisfaction, design and frugality of the cars, number of cars built and finally total revenue of a company. All the companies are Indian or they are in a joint-venture with foreign countries.
So, here is the list of top 10 automobiles companies in India.
1. Tata Motors
- Number of Cars Built: If you add up all the vehicles built by Tata Motors then it would be approximately 1.2 Million vehicles until now.
- Employees: Total number of employees working for Tata Motors are around 60,000+ and they are growing rapidly.
- Total Revenue: Total revenune generated by the Tata Motors is around $38 billion.
- Headquarters: The company is head-quartered at Mumbai.
- Popular Cars: Some of the popular brands are Indica, Nano, Sumo, Safari etc
- Website: www.tatamotors.com
2. Maruti Suzuki
- Number of Cars Built: Approximately total number of cars built by Maruti Suzuki is around 1 million.
- Employees: Total number of employees working for Maruti Suzuki company is over 7000.
- Total Revenue: Total revenue of the company is around $6 billion and it is growing.
- Headquarters: Company is headquartered at New Delhi.
- Popular Cars: Some of the most popular cars are Swift, Maruti 800, Ritz etc.
- Website: www.marutisuzuki.com
3. Ashok Leyland
- Number of Trucks Built: According to the company Ashok Leyland has built over 700,000 trucks in recent years.
- Employees: Total number of employees working in this company is at least 16,000.
- Total Revenue: Revenue generated by the company is over $2 billion.
- Headquarters: a Company is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and is also operating in Sri Lanka.
- Popular Trucks: Ashok Leyland, iBus, U-Truck, Dost, Defense systems also.
- Website: www.ashokleyland.com
4. Mahindra & Mahindra
- Number of Cars Built: Gross approximation suggested by the company and the market experts is around 350,000 automobiles.
- Employees: Total number of employees working for Mahindra & Mahindra is well over 16,000.
- Total Revenue: Total revenue of the company has still not touched the billion dollar mark and it is only over $600 million.
- Headquarters: Company is based in Mumbai with operating all over the India.
- Popular Cars: Mahindra Scorpio, Bolero, XUV, Quanto, Axe, Thar, Vento etc.
- Website: http://www.mahindra.com/What-We-Do/Automotive
5. Bajaj Auto
- Number of Vehicles Built: Bajaj motors have built over 15 million two wheelers and three wheelers combined.
- Employees: The total number of employees working for Bajaj Auto company is around 11,000.
- Total Revenue: According to the company balance sheet the revenue generated by Bajaj Auto is around $3 billion.
- Headquarters: a Company headquarter is at Pune and Mumbai both.
- Popular Vehicles: a Bajaj Pulsar bike, number of auto-rickshaw
- Website: www.bajajauto.com
6. Hero Moto Corp
- Number of Vehicles Built: Company has build over 10 to 20 million two wheelers in the country.
- Employees: Total number of employees responsible for production of motorbikes are more than 20,000.
- Total Revenue: Total revenue of the company is all set to touch the whopping $ 4 billion mark in 2014.
- Headquarters: Company is headquartered in New Delhi with manufacturing plants all over the country
- Popular Vehicles: Hero Honda, Hero Karizama, Splendor etc
- Website: www.heromotocorp.com
7. Force Motors
- Number of Vehicles Built: Force motor has built a number of multi utility vehicles. Approximately 100,000 to 150,000.
- Employees: The employee strength of Force motor is only 8000+.
- Total Revenue: The total revenue of the company is not more than $250 million.
- Headquarters: Company is totally based in Pune with operations in some of the major cities in the country.
- Popular Vehicles: a Force one, Force Traveler, Force Trump and some tractors also.
- Website: www.forcemotors.com
8. TVS Motors
- Number of Vehicles Built: Number of two wheelers and three wheelers combined are around 8 million to 10 million until now.
- Employees: Employees that are working for the TVS motors are around 15,000 to 20,000.
- Total Revenue: Total revenue generated by TVS motors has crossed $1 billion mark and it is growing even with the current slowdown.
- Headquarters: Company was founded and based in Chennai and branches in Bangalore.
- Popular Vehicles: TVS motorbikes and Auto rickshaws.
- Website: www.tvsmotor.in
- Number of Vehicles Built: Eicher motors have built around 100,000 trucks in India.
- Employees: Employees working for Eicher India is very low and approximately 2000 to 3000 in numbers.
- Total Revenue: Total revenune generated by Eicher motors is around $900 million and it is expected to reach $1 billion anytime.
- Headquarters: Company is headquartered at Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Popular Vehicles: Eicher Jumbo, Eicher Terra
- Website: www.eicher.in
10. Hyundai India
- Number of Cars Built: Number of manufactured cars are around 1 million until now.
- Employees: Employees are around 4000 to 8000.
- Total Revenue: Total revenune in India is around $1 billion to $2 billion.
- Headquarters: Headquarter is in Mumbai, India,
- Popular Cars: Verna, Elentra,
- Website: www.hyundai.co.in