There are innumerable Shampoo Brands in India for many hair problems like thin hair, dry hair, oily hair and many more.
But the most common hair problem faced by children, women and men in India is DANDRUFF!
You may appear untidy if dandruff is strewn all over your shirt or face.
Dandruff can cause you low self-esteem and wreak havoc with confidence levels at school, work, home and social circles.
But there is nothing to worry about. Help is readily available in the form of superior quality anti-dandruff shampoo.
Thus, to help you grow healthy hair and maintain a clean scalp, we have shortlisted 10 best anti dandruff shampoo currently available across the country.
You can select any brand that best suits your needs and budget.
List Of Top 10 Best Anti Dandruff Shampoo in India
Interested? Here is our list of bestsellers in India’s anti-dandruff shampoo market.
1. L’Oreal Fall Resist By L’Oreal India
L’Oreal Fall Resist by L’Oreal India tops the list of best anti dandruff shampoo in India.
French company L’Oreal has the lowest priced anti-dandruff shampoo.
L’Oreal Fall Resist cleanses your scalp of dandruff while nourishing it to prevent hair fall and dandruff.
This shampoo for dandruff removes all dead skin from your scalp and helps fight any infections that cause dandruff.
Price: Rs.65/ 82.5 ml
2. Dove Hair Therapy By Hindustan Unilever Ltd
The product Dove Hair Therapy Dandruff Shampoos is a very good anti dandruff shampoo if you have a dry scalp.
It blends goodness of moisturiser in its Hair Therapy anti dandruff shampoo.
While cleansing your scalp of dandruff, it provides essential nutrients and moisturising to prevent dry, flaky skin.
Price: Rs.140/ 180 ml
3. Patanjali Kesh Kanti Patanjali Ayurved
Indigenous Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) manufacturer Patanjali Ayurved has one of the best anti-dandruff solutions that money can buy.
Kesh Kanti Anti Dandruff Hair Cleaner combines the goodness of honey and precious herbs that possess medicinal, curative properties.
It now ranks among the top three medicated anti-dandruff shampoo in India.
Price: Rs.110/ 200 ml
4. Head & Shoulders Lemon Fresh By Procter & Gamble, India
Head and Shoulders are considered to be the best Shampoo for dandruff and hair fall in India.
A household name in shampoo, Head & Shoulders has the Lemon Fresh variant specially crafted to tackle your dandruff problems.
Head & Shoulders is a brand available countrywide.
Hence, you can buy a pack anywhere.
Price: Rs.140/180 ml
5. Pantene Pro-V By Procter & Gamble India
Pantene Pro-V range also includes one of the most effective anti-dandruff shampoos.
Affordably priced, Pantene Pro-V anti-dandruff shampoo contains vitamins and minerals essential to maintain healthy scalp and hair.
The formula was developed by Switzerland based pharmaceutical giant, F. Hoffmann La Roche.
Price: Rs.115/ 180 ml
6. Clinic Plus Strong Scalp By Hindustan Unilever Ltd
Clinic Plus Strong Scalp shampoo helps to remove dandruff which is made with the special ZPTO formula patented by Unilever worldwide.
The formula serves to cleanse and prevent dandruff formation due to dry skin or infections.
It also delivers select nutrients to the scalp and hair.
Price: Rs.80/ 180 ml
7. Himalaya Anti Dandruff By Himalaya Herbals Ltd
The top-rated ayurvedic company of India, Himalaya Herbals offers an excellent mild anti-dandruff shampoo.
Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is also exported worldwide and available online.
The brand has several dedicated followers. The bulk of its content is made of herbal extracts and natural ingredients known for hair care.
Price: Rs.130/ 200 ml
8. Dabur Vatika
One of the first fully herbal medicated anti-dandruff shampoos for women in India continues to retain its market niche to date.
Dabur Vatika anti dandruff shampoo is an excellent hair care product for everyone.
Made almost entirely of herbal extracts, this shampoo also nourishes hair and scalp.
Price: Rs.80/ 180 ml
9. SriSri Tattva Art of Living Foundation
Combining medicinal properties of Neem, Ritha and Hibiscus plant is SriSri Tattva the best Anti Fungal Shampoo.
This shampoo is made of natural, organic ingredients.
It does not contain several artificial ingredients or chemicals toxic to your scalp.
Price: Rs.150/ 200 ml
10. Nyle CavinKare Pvt.Ltd
Another excellent anti dandruff shampoos that are making waves in the Indian market comes from Chennai.
Nyle Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is made with extracts of yoghurt (curd), Aloe Vera and Lemon.
Nyle can be described as a herbal, anti-dandruff shampoo that is rapidly gaining popularity across the country.
Price: Rs.100/ 180 ml
Where To Buy
Anti-dandruff shampoo can be bought from that neighbourhood street side ‘paan bidi stall’ or from any online websites available in India.
A sachet of anti-dandruff shampoo is available for just Rs.2 each.
Have deeper pockets? Then opt for upmarket anti-dandruff shampoo available online. In any case, getting rid of dandruff on your scalp is very easy.
Using Best Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Regardless of whether using a chemical or herbal anti-dandruff shampoo, you need to follow certain precautions. These measures will give you the best results.
- An anti-dandruff shampoo is made with strong bactericidal agents. Hence, prevent it from dripping into your eyes.
- Generally, any anti-dandruff therapy should be sustained for at least a week for maximum effect. You can buy adequate sachets or a flask, based on budget.
- Never massage anti-dandruff shampoo into your scalp: you may inadvertently damage fragile hair roots causing permanent thinning of hair or even baldness.
- If dandruff persists after using these shampoos, consult a dermatologist. You may be suffering from a skin condition like psoriasis of the scalp that needs professional therapy.
- Treat all dandruff problems immediately. Left untreated, they lead to loss of hair and subsequent baldness.
- Select a shampoo flask based on your needs. Anti-dandruff shampoo stored for long can lose potency.
- Never use the dryer on hair treated with an anti-dandruff shampoo. The warm blast of air can dry your scalp leading to more dandruff.
- Follow up treatment with anti-dandruff shampoo along with some hair conditioners that are available in India. At the same time, oil your hair with good quality hair oils which nourish your scalp and prevent dandruff. Anti-dandruff conditioners of the same brand are also available.
Wrapping It Up
Dandruff, in most cases, is a preventable scalp condition.
It occurs due to poor scalp hygiene, prolonged exposure of hair and scalp to strong sunlight, improper drying of scalp and hair leading to fungal infestation on the scalp or significant skin problems including dermatitis.
In such cases, you may need a highly medicated anti shampoo available from pharmacies.
To get the best results, use anti-dandruff shampoo at least once every week.
It helps rid your scalp and hair of any invisible dandruff buildup while them proper nutrition.
We conclude by pointing out that dandruff is a common condition to afflict kids, women and men of all ages and almost every location on this planet.
It is nothing to be ashamed of. Our list of best anti-dandruff shampoos may help you to counter this problem quickly and at minimal cost.